From: Ralph & BA
Date: 15 October 2016 at 04:47
Subject: Fw: Fwd: Rules for Old Age
RULES FOR A GOOD OLD AGE
1. It’s time to use the money you saved. Use it and enjoy it. Don’t just
keep it for those who may have no notion of the sacrifices
you made to get it. Enjoy the present moment. The sand
in the clock may run out at any moment.
2. Stop worrying about the financial situation of your
children and grandchildren. You’ve taken care of them
for many years, and you’ve taught them what you could.
You gave them an education, food, shelter and support. The
responsibility is now theirs to earn their way.
3. Keep a healthy life with moderate exercise (like walking
every day), eat well and get your sleep.
4. Always buy the best, most beautiful items for your
significant other. The key goal is to enjoy your money with
5. Don’t stress over the little things. You’ve
already overcome so much in your life.
6. Regardless of age, always keep love alive. Love your
partner, love life, love your family, love your neighbor,
your surroundings, your country. We are never old as long as
we have intelligence and affection.
7. Be proud, both inside and out. Don’t stop going to
your hair salon or barber. When you are
well-maintained on the outside, it seeps in, making you feel
proud and strong on the inside.
8. Read newspapers, watch the news. Go online and read what
people are saying. Keeping in touch with what is going on
and with the people you know is important at any age.
9. Never use the phrase: "In my time." Your time
is now. As long as you’re alive, you are part of this
time. You have been younger, but you are still you now,
having fun and enjoying life.
10. Don’t abandon your hobbies. If you don’t have
any, make new ones. Find something you like and spend some
real time having fun with it.
11. If you’ve been offended by others, forgive them. If
you’ve offended someone – apologize. Don’t drag
resentment around with you. Someone once said,
"Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting
the other person to die."
12. If you have a strong belief, savor it.
13. Laugh. Laugh A LOT. Laugh at everything.
14. Take no notice of what others say about you and even
less of what they might be thinking